Skip to content
Finally, Shakib Al Hasan canceled the contract with Betwinner News.
Shakib himself confirmed this news to Time News.
Earlier, BCB President Nazmul Hasan Papon warned about Shakib’s contract, if the contract with the organization is not canceled,
stay away from the captaincy, he will not have a place in the national team.
Shakib had signed a contract with Betwinner News a few days ago. He became the goodwill ambassador of that organization.
Shakib himself informed this news on Facebook. But the debate started for another reason.
- Because Betwinner News is a subsidiary of Betwinner.com, an online gambling platform.
- Here are the objections of BCB. Gambling is also prohibited under the laws of Bangladesh.
- BCB therefore considers it unethical to enter into an agreement with such an organization.
- Rumor has it, Shakib signed a deal with Betwinner News for around 10 crore rupees.
- But in the end, Mr. Seventy-five backed out of his decision.
- However, according to media reports, Shakib had already verbally informed about the cancellation of the contract with Betwinner News in a telephone conversation with the BCB president.
- Although the board was waiting for a written commitment from him in this regard.
It is learned that the BCB received the Tiger all-rounder’s letter soon after the board president’s briefing on the Shakib issue on Thursday
Earlier, on Thursday (August 11), BCB president Nazmul Hasan Papon sat in a closed-door meeting at the Beximco
office in Dhanmondi with some senior officials of the Bangladesh Cricket Board to decide on Shakib.
After the meeting regarding Shakib’s deal with Betwinner, the board president told the media that there is no second thought on the Shakib issue.
I have been saying from the beginning that we have zero tolerance in this regard.
We will not accept any interpretation of the matter. Cricketers like Ashraful have also been excluded for a time.
There really is no chance here.
BCB will take a tough decision if Shakib doesn’t finally budge from his decision – Papon said at the time, warning that there was no chance of any involvement (with Betwinner News).
Must come out completely.
If he doesn’t do this, the captaincy is far away, he won’t be in the team.
There is no exemption in this regard.
This decision has already been taken.
Papon also said that a cricketer who is involved in betting will not have any relationship with the team.