Skip to content
Analysts believe the drills around Taiwan have allowed the US to gather secret information about China’s military might.
But US officials believe that China is well aware that the United States will observe, so it may not demonstrate full capabilities.
China conducted massive military exercises around Taiwan following Congress Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan.
It was a warning against outside interference in the Taiwan issue.
However, by doing this, analysts believe that China has revealed many of its secrets to its enemies.
They say the drills allow the US and its allies to gather secret information about China’s military capabilities.
News from Reuters.
- Beijing conducted four days of massive exercises last week and extended exercises this week.
- The exercise provided an opportunity to test the missiles that China could use to repel any invasion or foreign military intervention.
- At the same time, it also provided an opportunity to learn about China’s communication system.
- Missiles were fired over Taiwan for the first time in this exercise.
- Simulated air and naval attacks on ships off the east coast of the island were also conducted.
And two US military officials admitted to collecting such information in these exercises.
But they also said China knows the drills will be closely monitored, so may not show full military capabilities.
Two US officials who did not wish to reveal their names told Reuters news agency.